Teochew Steamed Garoupa 潮州蒸舒眉鱼
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
1 Garoupa fish (washed, cut 2 slits on each side of the body)
Pork lard (optional)
2 sour plums
Steaming the fish
1. Raise the fish on a plate with 2 sticks. Add green onion and sliced garlic on top and inside the fish cavity.
2. Prepare a wok for steaming. Once the water is boiling, place the fish inside, close the lid, and let it steam for 7-8 minutes.
3. Discard the fishy water collected at the bottom of the place together with the ginger. Move the fish to a new plate that is suitable for serving later.
TIPS: Take a chopstick and stick it inside the fish through the upper lips and nose. If the chopstick comes out is warm, the fish is fully cooked.
3. Pour some oil into the wok. Stir fry salted vegetables, tomato and garlic oil.
4. Add in chicken stock.
5. Season with a bit of salt, light soy sauce, sugar, white pepper and 2 sour plums. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Pour the gravy over the fish and serve hot.