Stir-fry Mixed Vege with Dried Squid | 客家小炒
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
2 stalks of celery (cut into thin strips)
1 red chili (deseed, cut into thin strips)
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
Tau kua (hard beancurd)
Pork belly (cut into thin slices)
1 dried squid (soaked in water and cut into thin slices)
2 capful rice wine
Salt, light soy sauce and sugar
1-2 drops of sesame oil
Fried garlic (optional)
1. Add 2 tablespoons of garlic oil in a wok. Saute the pork belly.
2. Add in dried squid and stir fry for a while before adding the chopped garlic. Mix well.
3. Add in tau kua and celery. Give everything a few stirs to combine well.
4. Now add the Chinese rice wine.
5. Season to taste with salt, light soy sauce and sugar. Stir it well.
6. Add a bit of hot water then add in the sliced red chilies. Close the lid and let everything simmer under medium heat for 1 minute.
7. Finally, add a few dashes of white pepper and a few drops of sesame oil and fried garlic.
8. Serve hot.