Steamed Barramundi Fish with Ginger Paste 姜蓉蒸鱼
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Young ginger (blended)
1 Barramundi fish (600g)
Salt and sugar
Fresh coriander (as garnish)
1. Clean the fish, cut a few slits on the body and place 2 chopsticks below the fish to raise the fish on a plate. Put sliced ginger on the fish.
2. Prepare a pot of boiling water in a steamer. Place the fish inside, cover the lid and let it steam for 7-8 minutes.
TIPS: Discard the ginger slices and fishy water after steaming the fish. Transfer the fish to a new plate
3. Add chicken stock, fish sauce, soya sauce, salt, sugar into the garlic paste and mix everything well.
4. Pour the garlic paste on the fish and steam the fish for another 1 minute.
5. Just before serving, add a final tinge of soya sauce and garnish with fresh coriander.