Sambal Ikan Bilis (Anchovies Chili Paste) 江鱼子辣椒
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
20 dry chillies (soaked until soften)
Dried shrimps (pan-fried)
1 bowl of anchovies (wash and rinsed under water, degutted)
1. Deep fry the anchovies in a pot of oil on medium high heat. Stir the anchovies as you fry for approximately 5 minutes.
2. Remove anchovies from oil and place them on an oil absorbent paper for a couple of minutes to remove any excess oil.
3. Next, blend dry chillies, garlic, red onion, fried dried shrimp, salt and sugar with a little bit of water.
4. Pour some oil into a pan. Adjust the temperature to medium-high heat and cook the blended chilli paste, stirring continuously for 7-8 minutes. Season with salt and sugar.
5. Lastly, add the fried anchovies to combine with the chilli paste. Serve hot.