Sambal Chili 虾米辣椒
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
1 cup dried chillies (soaked in water)
1 cup dried shrimps (soaked in water)
Assam tamarind paste
Belacan - fermented shrimp paste (dry roast)
Salt and sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Dry roast the belacan. Blend red onion, dry roasted belacan, chopped lemongrass, garlic, red chillies, galangau, ginger, turmeric and dried red chillies in a blender.
TIPS: If the blended paste is too dry, add oil to it instead of water.
2. Prepare oil in a pot. Heat the oil and start to fry the dried shrimps. After frying, blend it.
3. In another pot with oil, add in the earlier chilli paste. Stir continuously as it cooks.
4. Slowly add in more oil and stir.
5. Next, add the fresh dried shrimps and mix everything well.
6. Add more oil. Slowly increase the heat. Stir continuously.
7. Toss in deep-fried dried prawns.
8. Sprinkle some salt and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Stir until the colour of the sambal gets darker. Add a bit of soya sauce.
9. Add in 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. Stir well.