“Peacock” Fish 孔雀开屏 （港式蒸鱼）
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
1 800 gram Siakap fish
Light soy sauce, fish sauce, salt, sugar, and black pepper
1. Cut the fish into small cutlets and arrange them fanned-out like a peacock on a plate. Place the tail and head on the sides of the plate. Scatter the ginger slices and green onions on top.
TIPS: If the fish is too large and cannot fit in the steamer, cut the fish into smaller cutlets, then arrange them in a fan/peacock shape.
2. Bring the water in the steamer to boil. Carefully put the "peacock" fish in the steamer together. Close the lid and let it steam for 8 minutes.
3. Discard the fishy water pooled underneath the fish together with the spring onions and ginger. Transfer the fish to a serving plate.
4. Garnish with ginger slices, red chilies, spring onion, and a mixture of light soy sauce, fish sauce, salt, sugar, and black pepper.
5. Lastly pour pork lard with oil (optional) over the fish and serve.