How to Stirfry Vermicelli (Beehoon) Without Breaking it [English Subtitled] 炒米粉 （如何避免弄断米粉）
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Rice vermicelli (beehoon)
3 tablespoons of red onion oil
2 pieces of dried shiitake mushrooms (re-hydrated and cut into slices)
1 tablespoon of dried shrimps (re-hydrated)
2 eggs (pre-fried)
Half a red carrot (cut into thin slices)
Cabbage (few slices, hand-peeled)
1 small bowl of homemade chicken stock
1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
1 teaspoon of light soya sauce
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
Few dashes of white pepper
3 drops of sesame oil
1. Prepare a hot pot of boiling water and cook the beehoon for 60 seconds. Remove and keep it in a pot. Cover with a lid to ensure that the beehoon remains spongy.
2. Pour the red onion oil into a cold wok and bring the heat up slowly. Add salted rehydrated dried shrimps and rehydrated shiitake mushroom and stir well.
3. Stir fry some julienned red carrot followed by the cabbage (or any vegetables of your choice). Continue to stir well before adding the chicken stock.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon of light soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, followed by a bit of sugar and white pepper. Mix all together. Add a few drops of sesame oil too.
5. Put in the beehoon and mix everything together. Add in a fried egg followed by a drizzle of fragrant onion oil. Mix well.
6. Turn off the fire and cover the lid for 30 seconds.
7. Serve hot.