Fish Maw Soup 鱼漂汤
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Fish maw (cut into bite sizes and soak in hot water for 10 minutes)
Julienned shitake mushroom
Julienned wood ear/ black fungus
Julienned spring onion
Super broth/ chicken stock
1. Stir fry chopped ginger in a pot.
2. Add carrot, shitake mushrooms, wood ear/black fungus. Stir for a few minutes.
4. Pour the mushroom water and super broth (chicken stock) into the pan.
5. Top up with a bit of hot water. Then add the fish maw. Add more hot water until the fish maw is fully covered. With the lid closed, bring to boil. Then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Season with salt and sugar. Turn off the fire and slowly stir the starch solution into the soup.
8. Lastly, add a beaten egg for the swirling egg effect.
9. Garnish with spring onion and serve.
TIPS: Sugar and salt ratio is 1:1.