Fish Head Curry (Without Assam) 新山咖喱鱼头
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
1 Red Snapper fish (cut into slices, cut the head)
For chilli paste
A handful of dried chillies (soaked in water)
For curry powder
2 teaspoons of red chilli powder
1 teaspoon of coriander powder
1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder
Cherry tomato/ Tomato
1 cup of chicken broth
2 teaspoons of salt
2 teaspoons of sugar
1. Blend dried chillies together with garlic, red onion, ginger, lemongrass, turmeric, and galangau in a blender.
2. Pour some oil in a wok. Put in mustard seeds, fresh coriander and tomatoes. Add in the blended chilli paste and curry leaves. Stir fry it.
3. For curry powder, add in 2 teaspoons of red chilli powder, 1 teaspoon of coriander powder, 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder, black pepper, few cloves, star anise, cardamom, bay leaf and cinnamon stick. Stir it well. Add some oil if necessary.
4. Add in chicken broth and some hot water. Stir it well. Bring it to boil for 3 minutes.
5. Add in the chillies and fish head together with fish slices.
6. Add in cabbage and coconut milk.
7. Close with a lid and let it simmer for 5 minutes in high heat.
8. Do final seasoning with salt and sugar.
9. Serve it.