Deepsea Chicken Fish Stew 红烧豆瓣海底鸡
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
1 cutlet of deepsea chicken fish
Fermented soya beans
Fermented black beans
2 spring onions
Dried bean curd
3 tablespoons soya sauce
Oyster sauce (optional)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Bring a pot of oil to high heat (above 170-180 degrees Celcius). Deep fry the fish for 3-4 minutes on either side. Deep fry until the fish is golden brown in colour. Set aside.
TIPS: Marinate the fish with some salt. A very thin layer of corn starch can be applied to reduce the splashing of oil. Use a kitchen towel to absorb moisture from the surface of the fish.
TIPS: Use a long spatula to place the fish into the hot oil.
2. Pour a bit of oil into a cold wok and bring the temperature up to medium heat. Add fermented beans, ginger slices, fresh coriander, the bottom sections of the spring onions and garlic oil. Give everything in the pan a few stirs.
3. Next, raise the fire to high heat. Add in chicken stock and some hot water followed by 2-3 tablespoons of soy sauce. Stir well.
4. Now add the fish into the mixture followed by the dried bean curd. Bring everything to boil and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add a bit of oyster sauce, salt, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Put in the Chinese leek, green onions, fresh coriander, chopped chillies and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Your dish is now ready to be served!