Cooking Ah Pa - Steamed Threadfin Fish topped with Dried Radish
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
1 Threadfin fish (cut into half, cut a few slits on the body)
Dried radish (80% sweet type, 20% salted type)
Salt and sugar
Few drops of sesame oil
1. Heat oil in a wok to medium heat. Deep fry the dried radish for 5-8 minutes.
2. Sieve the fried dried radish from the oil.
3. Toss in the fried dried radish in another pan. Add garlic and chillies. Stir fry it.
4. Sprinkle some salt followed by sugar.
5. In a steamer, prepare boiling water. Place the fish inside, close the lid and let it steam for 8 minutes.
TIPS: Use a chopstick to poke into the thickest part of fish. Put the same end of the chopstick between your upper lips and nose. If it is warm, then the fish is well cooked.
6. Remove the fish and discard the fishy water.
7. Prepare a sauce mixture with soy sauce, salt, sugar, few drops of sesame oil and some water. Pour this sauce over the fish.
8. Top the fish with the fried dried radish. Serve hot.