CNY recipe | Steamed Chinese Pomfret | 清蒸斗底鲳
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
1 500 g Chinese pomfret fish (wash thoroughly, cut a few slits on the body)
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 capful of Shao Xing wine
Few dashes of white pepper
Salt and sugar
1 tablespoon of garlic oil
2-3 teaspoon of water
1. Arrange a layer of ginger slices on a plate before placing the fish on top. Insert ginger slices inside the fish cavity as well. Sprinkle a little bit of salt over the fish too.
2. Bring the water to boil in your steamer. Place the fish inside the steamer, close the lid, and steam for 7-8 minutes under high heat.
3. Mix 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce, 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce, a little bit of fish sauce, a capful of Shao Xing wine, a few dashes of white pepper, a bit of salt and sugar. Add 1 tablespoon of garlic oil and 2-3 teaspoons of water. Mix until everything is evenly dissolved.
4. Remove the fish from the steamer after 8 minutes. Discard the fishy water pooled underneath the plate.
5. Place your fish on a new plate and pour the sauce over it. Add a generous amount of fried garlic over the fish and serve.