Assam (Tamarind) Fish 亚参鱼
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
1 Snapper fish (cleaned)
2 tablespoons tamarind paste
2 pieces assam slices
Salt and sugar
1. Blend red onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and coriander in a blender.
2. Prepare a wok with oil. Once the oil is hot, add the blended paste and stir fry it.
3. Pour in the pork broth together with some hot water.
4. Toss in 2 pieces of assam slices and 2 tablespoons tamarind paste.
5. Add chilli oil. Let everything boil. Then lower the heat and leave it to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
6. Now you can add the fish. Close the lid and boil for 5-6 minutes.
TIPS: If you pan fry the fish beforehand, the fish will more flavourful.
7. Sprinkle some salt, sugar and fish sauce.
8. Serve hot with fresh coriander as garnish.