Assam (Tamarind) Fish with Okra
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
1 Siakap fish cutlet
2-3 tablespoons of tamarind paste (assam)
10 pieces of okra
2 stalks of lemongrass
1 tablespoon of chilli oil
1 bowl of stock
1 bowl of hot water
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of sugar
1. Pour some oil in a cold wok and slowly raise the temperature. Stir fry some onion and garlic.
2. Put in 2 stalks of lemongrass.
3. Put in chilli oil for the sake of the colour. Stir fry it together with other ingredients.
4. Add in stock and hot water. Add in some salt and sugar. Let it boil for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add in assam paste.
6. Slowly put in the fish cutlet.
7. Put in the okra. Cover with lid and let it simmer for 10 minutes under median heat.
8. Serve it.