Ah Pa's Grandma Recipe [Steamed Pork Belly with Salted Fish] 咸鱼蒸三层肉
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
1 cup of chicken stock
Julienned ginger (cut into thin strips)
Light soy sauce
1 cup of Shao Xing wine
1 tablespoon garlic oil
1. Cut the pork belly into thin slices with a sharp knife.
2. Marinate pork belly with a bit of light soy sauce, salt, Shao Xing wine and cornstarch.
3. Prepare a pan with oil and pan-fry the salted fish for 2 minutes until it turns golden brown.
4. Put the Chinese cabbage on the bottom of a plate, followed by a layer of marinated pork on top. Next place the julienned ginger, chicken stock, chicken essence, and fried salted fish. Sprinkle a bit of salt, sugar, Shao Xing wine and a few dashes of white pepper. Add a cup of water and 1 tablespoon of garlic oil.
5. Prepare a hot pot of boiling water for the steamer. Carefully put in the steamer plate and close the lid. Let the pork steam for 10 minutes under high heat.
6. Serve it.